Thursday 27 October 2016

Character Costumes Shopping

I only have two characters in my short film. Nathan, the character who has died, and the Grim Reaper. From the start of the pre-production I've known what costumes I wanted for both characters. For Nathan I've wanted a simple get up, which is a dressing gown. I explain why I chose this costume in better detail in this blog post.
post. http://jackculluma2mediasprowston.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/character-costumes.html

This blog post is about looking at actual costumes. The one problem that I face is that I don't really have all that much money to spare for the film, so finding a high quality costume that I'm happy with will be quite difficult. This is more true for the Grim Reaper.

The Grim Reaper
For the grim reaper I want something that looks quite heavy and covers all of the body. Here are some potential options.




So out of the three I think I most definitely prefer the third option. Unlike option one and two it doesn't look too much like a Halloween costume. It looks heavy and I can see it working. The only problem with option three is that it's measurements are quite specific, and I still do not what actor I'm going with.

Nathan
For Nathan I want something quite simple. Just a dressing gown. It's simpler because I don't have to worry about it looking fake or like a standard Halloween costume, and measurements won't be difficult or awkward. Here are my options.




Honestly, there isn't much of a hard decision with this costume. In my head whenever I picture the film, it's always a grey dressing gown. That's really the only criteria I have for it. Any of these would do, so I'll probably just choose the cheapest option. I may even be able to find one cheaper in stores.

Reflective Comment:
It's getting very close to when I have to start filming. I have to decide on costumes and locations very soon so I'm glad that I'm starting to make progress with the costumes. As soon as I have confirmed the actors, which I am hoping to have done by the 4th of November, I'll order the costumes.


No comments:

Post a Comment