Thursday 27 October 2016

Other related products

Over the half term I have been able to find some products that relate to me in some form. However none of them really follow the same direction I do, and instead have very different messages. Below I have embedded these examples and written a small paragraph about it and what inspiration I can draw from it.

 

I really did enjoy this short film. While the Grim Reaper and dying character do not interact, it still is quite similar to my short film. What I really liked about this short film however was the music. I've been struggling with what music I should use for the first half of my film, and I feel the curious music used here would fit fantastically.



I loved this short film. The concept is just something that I've always enjoyed, the idea that the Grim Reaper is just an ordinary person. The first minute of the short film however, where Death is walking the streets, is very similar to what I want to do for my short film, and it's quite helpful to see what it would look like. The cinematography also was a highlight of this short film, something I'm hoping I can replicate.


This short film is the closest in similarity to my short film. In fact it's very very similar. However, it's a bit more depressing with a positive ending. Where my short film is a bit more positive, with a quite bitter sweet ending. The biggest difference is that in this film, the dying man gets to live, while in mine he does have to die. But this short film is really interesting and well done, and quite helpful when trying to piece together what my short film will be like.

Reflective Comment:
These three short films are all exceptionally well done and very useful to me when trying to understand what my short film is going to be like. From these examples I have a better idea on the type of music, cinematography and atmosphere that I want for my short film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment