Saturday 29 October 2016

Script Changes

I have completed the fourth draft of the script now, which I think will end up being the final version. The biggest and most notable changed I made was with the locations. A large part of my short film consists of the two characters walking and talking. Originally, this was to be set on ordinary streets.

I had chosen this so that the two characters stood out greatly. However I have made the decision to change this location for practicality. Filming on streets will mean I'll have to edit out all sound from cars passing by and wait for the streets to be empty from pedestrians. I can see this taking way too long to deal with, causing problems with production.

I have instead change it so in this scene the characters are walking through a forest. While it is not what I wanted for the short film, I understand that due to a set deadline I may struggle to finish on time if I don't make this change. I realised I'd have to make this change after watching another short film, which you can find on this post.

Reflective Comment:
Making this change will make production a whole lot easier. While it is not a change I would like to make, I understand that it is necessary.  

No comments:

Post a Comment