Friday 7 October 2016

Draft feeback

I created my second draft for my script last week, printed it off, and started gaining feedback on it. I asked nine different people to read through my seven page script and to tell me what they thought. The following questions were asked.

  • Did you enjoy the script?
  • Was there anything you didn't understand?
  • If you could improve the script, how would you do so?
  • What did you like about the script?
  • Would you want to watch this short film?

The feedback that I did receive is what I had expected. Almost everyone enjoyed the script, except from one friend who said that he had found the format hard to follow. Most people understood what was going on, however three readers were confused on why the main character had died. While it was not originally a focal point of the story, as the dying itself was just meant to be a small part of the story itself. However it the next draft I'm going to clear up how he died. Half of the people liked the premise of the script, while the others said they enjoyed the light-heartedness of it all. Finally, everyone did say they would watch my short film.


I must apologise, my phone camera is extremely blurry. 

Reflective Comment:
This has been helpful and reassuring. Knowing that people do like my idea is reassuring and it's also helpful knowing what people think when it comes to improving my idea. I'll make the changes very soon and then see how people feel about that draft.

No comments:

Post a Comment