Monday 10 October 2016

Potential Locations

For my short film I only need four locations. The first location is inside a house, in the kitchen. This location will only be used for about a minute of the film. The second location is just outside the house, and will only be used for around twenty seconds. The third is a moving location, which is just down a full roads, which doesn't have to be anything in particular. The final location has to be somewhere the looks nice, like a park, with a bench.

Okay the first location, I think for the sake of simplicity I will shoot in my house. I know where to position camera, and the kitchen itself has everything I need. It'll just be easier to use it and the location fits well. I will add photos later.

The second location, which is outside the house, again I think will film outside either my house, my dads or a friends. Somewhere that fits what I need. The outside my house is opposite a roundabout so that would be frustrating to film near, and the sound would be almost impossible to deal with. However my Dad's house would be good and my friend Max's would be even better.





The third location is going to be difficult. It needs to be several different roads, which could be difficult to film if there are other people walking around or the traffic is heavy. I think the best way to work around this would be film early in the morning. Location wise I'm thinking of areas such as Wroxham Road,  Hillary Avenue and Britannia Road.




The final location I already know what I want. I want to use the top of St.James hill. It's the perfect location for my final scene, it's peaceful, looks nice and is often quite quiet, and overlooks the city. Filming there wouldn't be too hard in my opinion.



Reflective comment:
Having to finally look at my locations has made me realise I am going to have a problem when it comes to other people and sounds. There are going to be a whole range of sounds while I film, meaning I'll likely have to add a lot of audio later on, in editing. However I am hoping to do some test footage soon, so I'll have to see how it goes. 

1 comment:

  1. Let me know when you want to think about your soundtrack in more depth. Are there sound effects that you need to foley? Are you going to compose a score? (Mr Causon might be of some assistance here)

    If you are going to film quite soon you will need to consider health and safety and complete a risk assessment.

    ReplyDelete